Friday 3 September 2010

A Different Kind Of Grellow

The lovely E. of Academichic refers to her favourite colour combination as grellow - grey plus yellow. I really like the expression and I'm borrowing it today for another possible pairing - green plus yellow. Works as well, doesn't it?

Yellow has never been my go-to colour, particularly not so with one major piece of clothing. I like a little bit of sunshine every now and then in the form of accessories and that does it for me.

This dress is a hand-me-down from a friend - my little girl's best friend's Mum and my former colleague. She'd bought it on last year's summer sale at C&A and she'd never worn it. She offered it to me and as soon as I saw it I was very much drawn to it.

I like the soft yellow tone and I think it looks lovely with the neutrals - brown, navy, greyish green... It would also make a great beach dress, with the pretty ruffled neckline and belt strap from the same fabric, a lovely cool mixture of linen and cotton.

I'm wearing the same jacket & the same accessories as yesterday - why change something when it works really well?


I'm wearing:

sandals - Leonora Passaro
dress - Yessica
jacket - Tom Tailor
belt - H&M
bag - Zara

Enjoy your weekend!

P.S.: Have I mentioned my new dress has pockets? (!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mojca! Sorry we haven't spoken for so long - back to school, and birthday parties, it's all go here! Hope you had a lovely summer break - Austria was fabulous, getting back to normal routine now - 'speak' soon!
    Alison x

    P.S. I LOVE grellow!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!