It's my birthday today, and yay, I've got the best blogging present, a blog award!!! Thank you so much, Ladawan from Lolavie, for presenting me with 'The Versatile Blogger' award, I really appreciate it. What goes with the award is that I have to share
Seven Random Facts About Me
So here they come:
- I'm head-over-heels totally truly madly deeply in love with Great Britain. Everything about it. Some people feel they have been born in the wrong body (male/female) and I'm absolutely certain I was born in the 'wrong' country. I'm British, I can feel it!
- Perhaps this should be mentioned under number one but I'll list it separately: I also love the British Royal Family. It was Princess Diana I first fell in love with as a little girl and I started learning and loving the English language because of her. Naturally, I'm all excited about the Royal Wedding this year!
- I met my husband when I was sixteen. We've been together ever since, married for fifteen years. He's the man of my dreams, his only 'fault' is that he's not British...
- I love languages. I have been learning foreign languages ever since I was little. I got particularly 'language-obsessed' in secondary school; there was a time when I learnt six foreign languages at a time. Alas, I'm only fluent in two, English (my 'mother tongue' anyway...) and German.
- I used to play the piano. I can still play simple tunes but I have a plan to freshen up my skills at one point in my life. And I would love to learn how to play the saxophone. I love the instrument, I think it's really sexy...
- I also love singing. I sing in the local church choir and another one outside the church.
- My hands and feet are always cold. Freezing, in fact. I work at my computer for several hours a day and wear woollen handwarmers most of the time. Not to mention the woollen socks and fleece blankets wrapped around my legs & feet...
OK, this is it. I pass this award to the following bloggers:
- Lucy from Attic24
- Julia from julia crossland - artist
- Felicity from Joshy And Belle
- Laura from Side Street Style
- Teeny from Teeny And Yet Not Teeny At All
- Saskia from Join My Joy
- Lorena from My Everyday Wear
Please accept the award simply by:
1. Thanking and linking back to the person who presented you with the award.
2. Sharing seven things about yourself.
3. Passing it on to seven blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy.
4. Leaving your recipients a note, telling them about the award.