Thursday 15 July 2010

Some More Liberty Crafting

These aren't exactly new, I made them a while ago, I just never got round to posting about them. They've been taken photo of in some of my outfit pics, but I think they deserve a close-up and a post of their own, especially the circles-bracelet. Isn't it fun?

I bought a pink wooden necklace last autumn because I liked the colour of the beads. I knew I wouldn't wear it as it was, but I wanted to use the beads for my crafting. I really liked the wooden circles but I had no idea what to do with them. Then I got my scraps of Liberty fabric and started making all sorts of things with them. And it dawned on me that I could just as well 'dress' the circles in Liberty, tie them together somehow and have a lovely, unique bracelet. I had the exact image of it in my mind but it took a while before I was happy with the actual product. And now I'm really thrilled with it!

The other two bracelets are much simpler. One is made of fabric-covered paper beads and the other one is just natural wooden beads with a Liberty bow. Lovely and simple.

How's the weather treating you? I'm really enjoying myself. I'm one of those (annoying) people who start living when the temperatures rise well up into their thirties. I'm just constantly cold otherwise and my body is really grateful for the warmth (heat by most people's standards...). So, yay for the summer!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely bracelets!
    The weather is hot an humid in the mornings followed by thundestorms at night... its totally nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!