Monday 23 August 2010

Sunday Wear

Yesterday's outfit, worn to an outdoor mass. Indoors. Sort of. Technically, there weren't any doors. Or windows. But there were walls... Sounds confusing? It is, rather. A Sunday mass was celebrated amidst the ruins of a lovely church on top of a lovely hill called 'Egghead' (in translation, of course; the original name comes from German as there used to be a German settlement there before WW2). The church was burnt down fifty-something years ago but the ruins can still tell a story of the times passed. I'm afraid I didn't bring my camera to the church, but at least I managed to have my outfit pic taken when I got back home...

I did throw a cardi over my bare shoulders to attend religious service, of course. But later it got really warm so I took it off. Plus I wanted to show you my LBD. Quite nice, isn't t?

These are my Mum's clip-on turquoise earrings. I remember her wearing them in summer months when I was a little girl. We were talking the other day and the earrings came up in conversation and it turned out she still had them! And now I have them!!! I love these earrings, I think they're absolutely fabulous. A true vintage find in my Mum's jewellery box!

I'm wearing:

sandals - local shoe shop
LBD - local clothes shop
skinny belt - H&M
silk necklace - Kokoska (local brand)
earrings - my Mum's
sunglasses - Madonna for H&M
bag - Zara (F/W 2010, I love this bag!)

It's everything I want in a bag - brown leather, saddle shape, not too small and not too big, just roomy enough... It was love at first sight. The corsage is self-made: a TopShop flower, Barbour ribbon, leather tassels.


It was a lovely Sunday morning, followed by delicious lunch at the local Chinese restaurant. It was so warm we were too lazy to cook...

P.S.: Blimey, look at all that grey hair...

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, i love the turquoise with the black!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!