As promised, a few words on the beautiful little church we went to see last Saturday. It was built in the late 1930s and designed by the most famous Slovenian architect, Joze Plecnik (1872-1957). He designed some most extraordinary buildings, he was extremely avantgarde in his time. His work is very much acclaimed across Europe, as he worked in Vienna, Prague, and Belgrade as well. This is the link to his Wikipedia page: Joze Plecnik.
The church on the outskirts of our capital, Ljubljana, was designed as a temporary church for the architect's nephew, who was a Catholic priest. As it was built on the moorland, the church floor is lifted. On the 'ground floor' there's the parish office and on the 'first floor' there's the church. A beautiful stone staircase leads to the first floor, it looks like a bridge. The whole building is clad in ivy (or something similar).
The interior of the church is made of wood, it feels like stepping into someone's living room!