Monday 30 November 2009

St Andrew's Day

I apologize for being such a lazy blogger these past few days. Time just flew by before I realised that I hadn't really updated my blog! I've been following other blogs with great interest and I've made a few comments but somehow I've forgotten to 'comment' my own! It must have something to do with my (just over) two-month bloggiversary!

Anyway, last week was nothing special in some ways and very special in others. I hardly had any outfit pictures taken - just didn't feel very imaginative - but I will show you some pics of the most lovely surprise I got from a very dear friend. She lives in the capital and we don't see each other very often but we talk on the phone and she follows my blog. Or, should I say, reads it, as she isn't registered with the blogger and can't comment on it. But, she nevertheless decided I deserved a blog award (fancy that!) and she made me a box of the most delicious sweets you can possibly imagine (have I mentioned that, apart from being a professional singer, she's one of the best cooks in the whole wide world?).


You can see the sweets on the pics: they're sweet dates with marzipan pistachio filling and fig balls with marzipan, rolled in crushed roasted hazelnuts. Just putting everything into words made my mouth water again... And to top everything off, the packaging was absolutely adorable as well! See this pretty tartan ribbon? She knows all about my love for Scotland, so there I have it! Thank you so much, R.!


The best part of the week was Friday when my Mum, my daughter and I went to Ljubljana to the book fair. My cousins (one of them writes poems for children, the other one, her sister, illustrates them) had their latest book presented at the fair. We just had to attend! And, I got some really great news - but this deserves a post on its own, definitely. There are still some things about me that I haven't yet shared with you, dear bloggers...

My outfit on Friday was similar to the one I'd last posted on the blog, but I'm afraid that you will see a lot of my lovely green coat in the following months as well... (and the boots... and the beret... and angels... and blossoms...). I think this coat is one of the best purchases I've made in my life, honestly, that's how much I appreciate it!

We had a lovely time at the book fair and a lovely 'girls' day-out' as well, we really enjoyed our time together, the three generations... The weekend was less eventful, I came down with the flu (or something similar), I spent the entire Sunday in my PJs, sleeping on the sofa. I'm all better now, though, and I promise to be a better blogger this week as well.

Last Friday I wore:
boots - Humanic
tights - Polzela (local brand)
skirt - Labod (local brand; shortened)
pink top - TwoWay
gray roll-neck - Mana
tan belt (under the scarf) - H&M
scarf - Etsy (AliceCaroline)
beret - Seeberger
corsage (on beret) - TopShop
coat - Boden
leather sporran - Heritage of Scotland (web shop)
umbrella - 'Thistle' (Scottish shop in Ljubljana), bought ages ago
angel pendant!

As far as the title goes, happy St Andrew's Day to all Scots and to my son, of course - his name is Andrej (Slovenian for 'Andrew') and it's his nameday - and yes, he got his name after the patron saint of my favourite place in the world!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely, yummy blog award - mmmmmmm :) I'd have that fab coat off your back in a minute, hehe - it's just gorgeous! Hope you're all better :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!