Thursday 14 July 2011

My Beautiful Crochet Bag

Ta-daaaah....



So, this is it! This is my beautiful, gorgeous, brilliant, oh-so-pretty self-made (!!!) crochet bag! I'm not being modest here, am I? I can't help it, though, I'm really proud of myself, I think it has come out perfectly, just as I've always imagined!



I got the idea for the bag when I spotted these handles on a bright orange summer bag I got a couple of years ago, as a gift with a magazine. I never wore that bag, I used it as as storage for my plastic bags, so I just chopped the handles off and transferred them to my new favourite!



Before I could do that, of course, I had to make fifty-four little granny squares and sew them together. I pictured my bag with white borders and I really like the result! I even took my sewing machine out to make the lining - I hadn't used it for ages! I picked some left-over fabric that I'd made sofa covers from when we first moved into our flat (sixteen years ago - the old sofa no longer lives here but the fabric remnants are still pretty...) - I even remembered to sew on a little inside pocket for my keys!

So many exclamation marks in one post - you can tell I'm pleased with myself, can't you... I've got some more crochet revelations for you tomorrow, only slightly smaller than today's... Until tomorrow, then!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you're chuffed to bits - your bag is brilliant! Lovely colours and pretty lining. Looks like a great size too. Enjoy using it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow that is really cool and beautiful!!!! I love the linning of it, you must be so proud, it always feels great when you make something yourself :)

    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alix & Laura, thank you for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!