Monday 11 January 2010

Birthday Party

One of several, of course. I celebrated with both family and friends. I was really touched by all the good wishes I received - in person, by phone, by mail, on Facebook, on the blog (thank you all!)... and I really really love the presents I got! I've shown you some already, there's more to follow...

On Saturday evening I hosted my traditional 'Birthday Dinner for Girls' at my parents' house (we live in a flat nearby but it is so much more comfortable to have a party in a large dining & living room, isn't it...? So I rent every year...). Seven out of ten attended; three sadly had to cancel due to horrible weather conditions which really prevented a safe journey.


This year I chose not to prepare a gourmet dinner but opted for canapes - it let me more time to actually sit with the girls and chat (I say girls - and I'm the youngest in the company...). It was a wonderful evening, we really enjoyed it, and for you, dear bloggers, some photo highlights of the evening!

P.S.: I've only just realised I'm in the 'wrong club' - I should either have put my cream beret on or run to the other side before the timer went off!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and thank you so much for my lovely gift which arrived today.
    I will post about it when I start posting again in February.
    The gift is perfect.
    Jane
    www.thesmallfabricofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo of you and your friends - I love your orange and pink outfit, great colours together! I'll be blogging about your lovely gift too - off to take a photo of it while the day is nice and bright! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!