Friday 22 January 2010

Tablecloth Cardi

It's not really. But it looks like one, doesn't it?

Yesterday's outfit. All items well worn-in. I've had this cardi for a few years now and I love it. I don't wear it nearly as often as I appreciate having bought it but hey - you can't have it all. I got it on sale at Benetton a few years ago - I was going to buy another cardi, which was lovely as well, with a check pattern and embroidered flowers (exactly my kind of thing) but when I put it on it just didn't feel right (it was a hoodie, and I'm not a big hoodie fan).

Then I spotted this pretty thing on a stand. I immediately loved the colours. I wasn't sure what it was at first, I just noticed a huge knitted circle with a gorgeous pattern. I took a closer look, found the sleeves, put it on and fell in love.

boots - Humanic
tights - hand-me-down from Mum
knee-high socks - Burlington
skirt - made by my Mum's seamstress
roll-neck - Get
cardigan - Benetton
angel earings, bracelet, pin

As soon as I saw the pics I realised I should have worn tights of a different colour. Orange, perhaps? I do own a pair. Maybe next time...

3 comments:

Thanks for taking your time!