Tuesday 2 February 2010

She Loved Coffee And I Loved Tea...

Molly, my sister and I fell out,
And what do you think it was all about?
She loved coffee and I loved tea,
And that was the reason we couldn't agree.

I don't have a sister, I'm afraid, but my brother and I never fall out on the above-mentioned topic... I was looking for a nursery rhyme about tea (I wanted something else rather than 'I'm a Little Tea Pot...) and I found Molly... So here we go...

Please, meet my tea rack. I love its vibrant colours and I love the tastes it promises. Most of my tins are British, as I completely adore the country and its tea-drinking tradition. The tea-for-one teapot & cup are my daughter's (she likes her herbal tea) and the two cups & saucers on the bottom shelf are a wedding present from a good friend - they're from Laura Ashley and I absolutely adore them.


I mostly drink flavoured black tea (Earl Grey is my favourite) - milk and no sugar, please! Other flavours on the rack at the moment include vanilla, four red fruits, English rose leaf, and regular English breakfast. I also like red tea (Rooibos) with a drop of milk, have an occasional mug of mint tea, but I'm not a big fan of green tea. My little boy loves his black tea (lots of milk and sugar, please!) every now and then and I always say it's his British nature coming out... Who could tell?

How do you like your tea?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, just milk and no sugar please, if you're making a cup! :D My little boy loooves his tea too, especially in the morning!

    Your tea-rack is beautiful - thank you for sharing it! I love all the colours of the tins :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea....is my comfort drink, and always means time to sit down and be still. Love your tea rack too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am writing this with a mug of tea (white, no sugar) by my side. I couldn't imagine life without tea. Green and Redbush teas come a close second and third.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea! I have a routine:

    1. a cup of plain black tea with orange juice in the monring. try it. it's not disgusting
    2. Loose leaf green team (gunpowder or sencha) at work
    3. Darjeeling with nothing when i get home or very occassionally black tea with milk
    4. Yogi tea (which isn't teas at all, but a mix of spices) before bed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!