Thursday 5 November 2009

New Corsage

Yesterday I felt a great urge to do some crafting again. I finished my work early and embarked on making this little corsage which had been dancing in my mind for a while. I hadn't made a corsage for quite a long time (I bought a few, though...) so it was quite nice to feel the felt and the ribbons and the beads under my fingers again.
I quite like the result, even though I'm not entirely sure I'll be wearing it myself - I own tons of corsages, so I don't really need it. It might make someone else happy when she unwraps her Christmas present...



What do you think, dear readers, would a corsage like this one have any chance on Etsy? By which I mean that there are already many people on Etsy who make corsages and some of theirs are much prettier and more sophisticated than mine. I've been playing with the idea of opening my own Etsy shop one day and such a corsage is one of the items that I would list in my shop (next to my beaded bracelets and necklaces with/without corsages...). Would you wear a corsage like this one?

As far as outfits go, this is what I put on yesterday. The weather was awful and I wanted something comfortable yet not too wintery. You'll be seeing a lot of these boots and the gray beret this winter...



boots - Humanic
tights - not sure
denim skirt - Urko (local brand)
top - Bennyfish
belt - H&M
shirt - Playlife
scarf - Laura Ashley (husband's gift on our honeymoon in Vienna 14 years ago!)
angel pendant
angel bracelets
beret - Seeberger
corsage (on beret) - TopShop

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mojca - I think the corsage is really pretty! I love the colours, I'm sure it would sell on Etsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I don't think I'm brave enough to just open the shop, though, I guess the idea will have to brew for a little while longer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just noticed the corsages and wanted to try my hand at them! Yours is lovely! It has very sweet little details- I think you would have customers who found it just as pretty as I do!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!