Wednesday 17 February 2010

The Spring Capsule Wardrobe Contest 2010

Jane from The Small Fabric Of My Life has kindly challenged me to participate in her Annual Spring Capsule Wardrobe Contest. I'm in, of course! I've never done it before but I'm sure I'll enjoy it - I bet my husband will be pleased to see that I can go through a week with a VERY limited (from my point of view!) amount of clothing and accessories...

(Picture from Jane's blog)

Here are the rules for the challenge that I have copied from Jane's blog:

- Choose ten items of clothing from your wardrobe and mix and match them for five days between Monday March 1st and Friday March 5th

- You can have any combination of shoes, dresses, skirts, tops and jackets as long as it adds up to ten individual items

- You are also allowed five accessories which include jewellery, scarves, bag, belts etc.
Underwear and hosiery do not come under the ten items and five accessories!

- In addition to your ten items and five accessories you are permitted one functional coat, one pair of functional gloves or mittens, one functional hat, one functional scarf and one functional pair of snow boots or other essential footwear

I'm already looking forward to choosing the items from my wardrobe! Perhaps another challenge should be added - in the week of the contest participants are not allowed to purchase any new (or thrifted, for that matter) item of clothing... What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! That sounds way to complicated...but I know you will turn it into a fabulous game..enjoy the challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!