Monday 1 March 2010

Spring Capsule Wardrobe Challenge Day One

Right, here we go! I'm so excited! It took me a while over the weekend to decide which items I should pick for this week - and here are the results, voila! I chose the following ten items from my wardrobe:

Two cardigans and four tops:
red Ivko cardi I'm wearing today
green Ivko cardi
green Labod long-sleeve top
mustard Mana short-sleeve top
pink Tom Tailor 3/4-sleeve top
turquoise Laura Ashley 3/4-sleeve embellished top

Two skirts and a pair of bermuda shorts:
camel corduroy skirt with embroidered flowers, made by my Mum's seamstress
eK blue jeans skirt
grey Garcia bermuda shorts

plus my staple footwear this winter - tan Humanic boots (as seen in today's outfit below)

As far as accessories go, I only put three here in the picture, as I will be wearing my angel earrings and bracelets and pendant with most of my outfits. The additional accessories are:
thin tan leather belt from H&M
green silk scarf with white flowers from a Fair Trade Shop in Ljubljana
unique Moroccan Dream felt necklace in happy spring colours from Etsy seller Karlita

I decided to pick bright, colourful tops which don't require many accessories (if any at all) and simple skirts & shorts in neutral colours. I will be changing my tights accordingly, today I opted for green (they're actually leggings, from Falke), because they match the buttons on the cardi perfectly.

Tomorrow I'll add a pic of my outdoor outfit - this week I'm wearing my black down coat with the tan leather belt, grey hand-warmers (if necessary), my charcoal beret with a pink corsage, another staple this winter, and my Mum's pashmina in reds & pinks.

1 comment:

  1. I love the bright colours and textures that you wear. Isn't that necklace divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!