Friday 13 April 2012

Music In Trieste




A fortnight ago my boy was part of the group at our local music school chosen to perform in Trieste, Italy, as part of an exchange programme. Parents were allowed to join the party and of course, all four of us embarked on an unforgettable adventure!





My boy being exactly who he is, a boy, he does not much care about details (some details, anyway). He told us when we had to be outside the music school to catch the bus and he told us we were going to Trieste. That was it.





Naturally, we thought we were going to the concert and head home afterwards. I'm happy to say we were quite mistaken.




We had a wonderful excursion and saw many breathtakingly beautiful places we would never have travelled to on our own. We had excellent guides and even though my husband and I used to visit Trieste on a regular basis when we were younger (shopping for clothes, I'm afraid), we were able to see the city from an entirely different perspective this time. It's enchanting.





The children's performance was superb, the music teachers really picked creme-de-la-creme (my boy included!) and all in all, as I said, it was a day to remember. And remember we shall...


2 comments:

  1. How fantastic! Looks like you had a fabulous trip :)

    Congrats on having such a musically talented son - lots more performances to enjoy I'm sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories and how talented your son must be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!