Thursday 13 December 2012

Owls & Blossoms Part II.

If by any chance you read this post then you know I have been doing a bit of crafting these days. I was really totally smitten with the two brooches by Brora and felt the urgent need to make them myself as soon as possible. But, as usual, it took me a while to get the photos ready to be posted.


The first project was the owl. I dug out some scraps of Harris Tweed (thank you so much, Alison!) and Liberty Tana Lawn, and some bits and pieces (literally, I should have taken a close shot of the branch but I didn't; it's practically glued together...) of felt.


And, ta-dah, this is the finished product. It lives on my tweedy coat and is admired by many :)


The next project was the tweedy corsage. Again, I found some lovely Harris Tweed in my fabric box (it used to be a lovely purse but it unfortunately disintegrated after frequent use), made a crochet flower and added a gorgeous Harris Tweed button (another heart-felt thank you, Alison!).


It helps a great deal to have lovely piggy scissors for crafting...


And another ta-dah: the tweedy corsage lives on my pink beret at the moment.


I love my new brooches!

P.S.: Can you spot the house pencil case in the first photo? My Mum crocheted it for me when I was about eight. I now use it for my crochet hooks. Still gorgeous after all these years!

2 comments:

  1. You are so clever Mojca! These are absolutely gorgeous :) So sweet that you still have the same pencil case your Mum made you too :D
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alison! It's so nice to get a compliment from an accomplished crafter like yourself!

      Delete

Thanks for taking your time!