Tuesday 2 April 2013

A Pinch Of Happiness

OK, I can well imagine what you might be thinking - does she have nothing better to do? In fact, I do. But every now and then it is good to do something completely and utterly useless, the only use being the feast for the eyes. And a happy heart. And that, my friends, is a lot :)


This Little Nutbrown Hare was a birthday present from my brother & his wife (then girlfriend) ages and ages ago (the time B.C. as I call it - before children). I was madly in love with it, I used to take him everywhere with me (I was already a married woman at the time, mind you, but I'd always had a soft spot for children's literature...). It took me a while before I realised that I could make tiny little clothes for my Hare, and so he ended up with all sorts of pretty things (most of them disposed of by now, unfortunately). In the recent years I have only put a pretty ribbon tied in a bow around his neck, or warmed him up with a fleece hat and a scarf. Then I saw these bunnies and thought - I could do something vaguely similar! So, ta-dah...


The Hare does no longer accompany me on my whereabouts, naturally. He sits on my desk next to my computer and gives me enormous and silly amounts of pleasure only by my looking at him. Especially now, in his new spring attire (which is about the only 'spring' thing around here at the moment!)...


I hope you all had a lovely Easter, ours was great, with lots of church visits, good food and good friends around. The pictures of our festive food preparation are yet to be downloaded. Watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time!