Thursday 8 November 2012

Calendar Cakes Part One

Here's the story: back in January, I got, among other lovely things, a funny old present for my 40th birthday. A friend of mine gave me a calendar featuring a recipe for a 'fabulous seasonal treat' each month. And what's more, she accompanied the present with a smart remark: "I hope you make these puddings each month and have your friends taste them for you" :) What a nice challenge, don't you think? Well, I thought, consider it done.

The recipes in the calendar were (mostly) typical British desserts and I had already made some of them before I got this sweet calendar. The year started with the (not entirely British...) Black Forest Cherry Cake, which I made for the birthday party for my friends. It was absolutely delicious. You'll have to take my word for it. 

Photo: source

February featured vanilla-flavoured Valentine cupcakes. Yummy!

Springtime Cake, a classic sponge cake, decorated with flowers, was our March dessert.

In April I made not one, but two Simnel Cakes - I make one traditionally every Easter (the one on the photo below is the Easter one, not the 'a treat for friends' one).


A totally delicious One Mix Chocolate Sponge in May - ridiculously easy to make and oh-so yummy!


 Photo: source

Six months into the project, I finally activate my blogging mind and start taking my own photos: time for the very well-received Lavender Cake. Goodness me, it was different, but so so good.





To be continued...

1 comment:

Thanks for taking your time!