Thursday 20 January 2011

Winter Cycling

I love cycling in winter. I particularly like cycling-appropriate weather in winter. Where I live, this means not a lot or possibly no snow. Which is a rare occurrence in the month of January. I'm sorry to say that the situation has changed since Monday when these pictures were taken. The roads have been snowed upon again.



Well, I enjoyed my bicycle ride to the choir practice. I get a lot of inspiration for winter cycling from the lovely S. from Simply Bike and I will definitely give riding my bike on snow covered roads a try but I do prefer snow-free winters. I don't mind the cold, even though I'm one of those people who come alive in the heat of the summer, but since I love layering and winter accessories, even freezing temperatures can't get to me if I decide I don't let them.




This outfit is very much cycling friendly. The tunic dress is stretchy enough to give my cycling legs a lot of movement space. It's quite warm as well, so there's no need for another layer of tights. In one word - perfect!




I'm wearing:

- boots - Mass
- tights - no idea (home closet?)
- tunic dress - Kesidov
- roll-neck - Dorothy Perkins
- pink top (underneath, only the long sleeves are peeking out) - TwoWay
- angel accessories
- felt earrings - crafts shop in the capital (no close-up this time, sorry)

Outdoors:
- coat - Mana
- belt - Hofer
- scarf - local shop
- gloves - Benetton (present, from long ago)
- beret - Seeberger
- button badges - Ness
- bag - BlackHouse
- bike - Electra Cruiser Peacock (birthday present from husband!)
- bike basket - Rice

Happy cycling!

1 comment:

  1. I admire your adventurous spirit. Cycling is great fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time!